Saturday, March 24, 2007

Going Home Again

Hama kahle, or go well, or goodbye in Zulu
Were we really here for two weeks? Mention South Africa and it will forever conjure pictures for me of wide horizons, beautiful views and deep contrasts: healthy & sick, rich & poor, black & white. I will see Lungile, Nqobile, Unkuhlekle, Mfundo, Zippho and Thobile's faces. I will see Barb Borgman, Hilton Green, and Jules. It was painful to see the discomfort of racial boundaries that I can mostly ignore in the USA. I saw so much beauty in this country. It's unlike anywhere I've ever been before. Yet the growing pains of South Africa are too familiar to me. They awaken things I prefer to ignore. God heals us by taking us back to our points of pain. He really got in my face on this one. There is so much work to be done, but as God often does, He revealed that there's much work He will do in my heart if I obey Him. So, I will pray continually for South Africa for the sick and the dying and for those they leave behind. I invite you who are reading this to the Cottages at Injesuthi. Come see the hearty, strong people who call this home. See the innocence and the depravity. Do what you can and you'll find you have done work in your own heart as well. Love is the Gospel in one Word. Thanks for hanging in with us!Robbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these small glimpses of what you've been seeing, doing, giving, receiving...and it's amazing how much can happen in just a short amount of time (especially when God gets involved)...hope to hear more when you return.

Anonymous said...

Very amazing and inspiring!