Saturday, March 24, 2007

Goodbye South Africa

Hi All,
Well our two weeks have come to an end and it is time to head home. I can't say that I am looking forward to the 24 hour trip, but I do miss family, friends and dogs! I will miss the many friends that I have made here. What an amazing group of people that I have been blessed to have shared time with. They will remain in my heart and have all touched my life with their courage and strength of spirit. Once you have experienced South Africa, you will always feel like a piece of you has been left behind. I have enjoyed getting to know the children and watching them dance and play each day. They have very few possessions and live a very difficult life, but they love Jesus and are full of joy each and every day. To watch them is to know what it is like to walk in faith.
The volunteers that are here for four months, Scott & Sasha, Danielle & Jason have all left the comforts of home to be a living example of Christs love to these women and children. I hope they know that they are changing the world one child at a time, and I will miss them all.
My experiences here will not be forgotten. I pray for God's protection on "The Cottages at Injesuthi" and that there will be relief from this awful Aids epidemic that is ravaging this beautiful country. Aids is not just a disease, it has many faces and I have seen them.
Peace and love, Pam

No comments: